Thursday, February 7, 2013

Obama Lashes Out at Cable News During Prayer Breakfast


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS MAN IS WHY I WILL KEEPS MY GUNS

President Obama commented on the tone of politics during this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast, specifically criticizing cable news, saying "I go back to the Oval Office and turn on the cable news networks, and it's like we didn't pray."
OBAMA:  I have to say this now our fifth prayer breakfast and it is always just a wonderful event but I do worry sometimes that as soon as we leave the prayer breakfast everything we’ve been talking the whole time at the prayer breakfast seems to be forgotten, on the same date as the prayer breakfast – I mean you’d like to think that the shelf life wasn’t so short. I go back to the oval office and I start watching the cable news network’s and it’s like we didn’t pray. And so, my hope is that humility – that that carries over every day, every moment.
The President has a knack for going after cable news networks, previously attacking Fox News in an interview with The New Republic.
"One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates. If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it," he said.